Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sometimes You Need To Push The Reset Button



Just Like A Computer.

In all of our lives, business and personal, there comes a time when we get overwhelmed, out of sync and just in a funk. It's okay, we just need to recognize it and reset ourselves.

I have been working on getting in shape for the past ten months. Eating better and excercising at least once a day. I had lost forty pounds of weight and nearly eighty pounds of fat. I was in pretty good shape and feeling good. Then, my knee started hurting. Stress was getting to me at work. I had various stresses at home. I had all of the excuses that I needed. I started not going to the gym everyday. I started eating things I shouldn't. I felt guilty about it and this just drove me further into my self imposed funk. Nothing was going right. Time to reset.

My trigger was getting on the scale and finding that the weight I had worked so hard to get off was coming back with a vengeance. In under four weeks, I had gained back ten pounds. Not acceptable. I had let circumstances affect my attitude. Consequently, things got worse. All around me. Not acceptable. Time to reset.

I forced myself back into the gym and back into my routine of success. Five days later, it's like I never left. I am back in charge of my life. All of it. When you feel things are out of control. You get overwhelmed and down, take control of your life. Step back, evaluate your situation and push the reset button. Things will be different when you look at them with fresh perspective.
Once I did this, everything around me was easier to get into perspective. Nothing had changed, just me. I was reset.
Life is only ten percent what happens and ninety percent how we react. Try hitting reset and change your perspective. Let me know how it works and how you did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment