Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Habits Are Easy To Break


This is one of the hardest posts I have ever written on this blog. Why? Because I am embarrased that I went nearly three months without writing after posting over 70 times in three months.

I got out of the habit. The hardest time to quit something you need to be doing is the first time. It gets easier after that. You are already a quitter. I wish that worked with bad habits.

It happens in all areas of life. To all of us. Diet, exercise, work, relationships. You skip a few times and you feel guilty. Not guilty enough to jump back in. Before you know it, you have gotten away from the things that you know need to be doing. Things that made you successful to begin with. Things that made you feel better about yourself or led to your goals.

Think about it.

You know it's true.

There is a habit missing in your life. You realize that the first skipped workout was 118 days ago. No need to go back now. You haven't made a cold call in 3 weeks. You hope nobody notices. You haven't called to check on that client in nearly two months. You meant to, but now you have waited so long they won't want to see you for sure!

It happens to all of us in one or more places in our life, Successful people recognize it and get past it. Get back on the horse.The first time is the hardest. What good habit will you work on restarting?

Whew, I am glad I got this one written! It's been bugging me for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment