Friday, February 19, 2010

Things Aren't So Bad


Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

I heard this years ago. So many years that I don't even remember who said it. I have used it for so long, I think that I can now take it as my own. (I said that I used it, but sometimes I forget that it applies to me as well)

When you look at your current situation, work or personal, is it really that bad? Sure, business may not be as good as it could be or was. Bills at home may be piling up and you are fighting with your spouse or significant other. You don't agree with the boss at work and you can't stand your co-workers. We all face a certain amount of challenges in our life, but the most successful people take it in stride and just deal with it. Is your bad day REALLY that bad or is it just not the way you want it?

I was jolted into reality two weeks ago when one of those phone calls at 3am on a Sunday came in. It was my Sister in law. My Mother in laws' house had burned down in Columbia, MO. She was on her way to the hospital. She has been in the burn ICU since. Please pray for her full recovery.

For grandma(my Mother in law), getting better is just hurdle number one. When she gets out of the hospital, she has no home, not one outfit to wear and her beloved dog perished in the fire. She lives month to month working at Dillards and they don't pay you while you are in the hospital. Bills are still due. Is your current situation really that bad?

I would just like us all to put things into perspective and approach things in your life with a new and positive attitude. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment