Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Frequency And Consistency Story


It Happened To Me

As many of you know by now, I have been on a journey to become more physically fit. In the past year, I have lost about 40 pounds of weight and over 60 pounds of fat. Not bad, but I have a ways to go. I have been plateaued for about 3 months.

I first saw the thirty minute P90X infomercial before I ever started on my fitness plan. I thought it looked awesome. I thought about buying it. At theat time I figured I needed to get in better shape to even start something like that. I waited. I watched. As a matter of fact, I watched the same infomercial at least twelve more times since. Every time, I thought I should order it. I watched the entire infomercial twelve times! Something always got in the way. I didn't order it.

I talked to a couple of friends that had the program and they loved it. I looked on line and read reviews. I needed it. I didn't buy it. Until Sunday morning. I watched the same infomercial (frequency of at least thirteen) and decided then and there that it was the time. I ordered it. Why now? Don't know. Maybe I was fed up with the plateau I was on. Maybe because my wife wanted to get in shape as well. I really don't know, I do know that if the frequency and consistency of message from P90X had not been there, they would not be getting my 3 payments of $39.95!

This lesson is vital for advertisers as well as sales people. You never know what piece of information will change someone's mind to say yes or choose to walk into your store. Circumstances change daily. Be consistent and persistent!

Oh and by the way, P90X will be here in 5 to 7 business days! Thanks to consistency and frequency. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment